Gas Furnace Equipment
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "heat" position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
This tells your heating system that it should provide heat!
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace:
Try turning the fan to "ON" using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel to make sure they are in the "On" position.
- Check the SSU switch (it looks like a light switch on a gray box located at the furnace) to be sure it is in the "ON" position
- Replace the furnace filter if needed.
All 1-inch thick furnace filters should be replaced monthly.
Purolator 2-inch thick and other high-capacity pleated filters can most likely be changed every other month or just 6 times per year.
- If the system is running but you have not changed your filter, the filter may need to be replaced.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).
If these simple solutions do not solve your problem, contact your expert Carrier dealer for service. Be sure to have your model number handy.